February 22, 2008

Salted Soul

The sea gazed quietly in my twilight. The salty mist breathing from the old smells reminds me of home... And my love is lost with the sea. A sun lightly squeezing orange greens and pinks from the lonesome sky. Pale sails and an empty stomach are my only escapes from the bleak night, but the stars guide my thought.

Endless days adrift leave the lonely sailors heart astray. It begins to be a sail itself, merely blowing with the wind, and at times, impossible to harness.

This body is weary. She's just a star in the cosmos, and I'm no Cosmonaut... Besides politics do nothing for me.

But in your eyes I fail to stay adrift longer than your soul. The darkness plays tricks on this wretched mind of mine. The cool breeze calms the warm water. I can open my heart to the expanse: Love the eternal night and harness the moon...

Tonight I stay focused in my drift. The wind can take anyone home! Just don't be a soul forever lost as I.

No comments: